||Point 2, amended and issued on 19 January 2021
||2.The term “microinsurance” in these Directions means insurance products that offer basic coverage against specific risks as provided by insurance companies for the economically disadvantaged or people with specific status.
The term “economically disadvantaged” or "people with specific status" in these Directions means a person who meets any of the following criteria:
(1) A spouseless person whose gross annual consolidated income is less than NT$350,000 or a member of his/her household. However this subparagraph shall not apply, if the member of his/her household has a spouse and the gross annual consolidated income of the
husband and wife combined exceeds NT$700,000.
(2) A member of a household where the gross annual consolidated income of the husband and wife combined is less than NT$700,000.
(3) A person with the status of indigenous people pursuant to the Status Act For Indigenous Peoples, or a person who is a member of a legally established civil association or institution for indigenous people or a person serviced by such association or institution,
or a member of the above-mentioned persons’ household in this subparagraph.
(4) A person who is a member of a legally established civil association or institution for fishermen, or a domestic fishing professional with fishing vessel crew identification, or a foreign fishing professional who has obtained permanent resident certificate
of the Republic of China, or a member of the above-mentioned persons’ household in this subparagraph.
(5) An insured of farmer health insurance enrolled pursuant to the Farmer Health Insurance Act or a member of his/her household.
(6) A person serviced by a legally established social welfare or charity association or institution or a member of his/her household.
(7) A member of a household that is a recipient under the Work Income Subsidy Program of the Ministry of Interior.
(8) A member of a family in hardship as defined in the Act for Assisting Families in Hardship, or a member of a low-income or medium-low income households as defined in the Public Assistance Act.
(9) A person with disabilities as defined in the People with Disabilities Rights Protection Act, or a member of a legally established civil association or institution for people with disabilities or a person serviced by such association or institution, or a
member of the above-mentioned persons’ household in this subparagraph.
(10) A senior citizen who receives living subsidies for medium-low income elders as defined in Senior Citizens Welfare Act or a member of his/her household.
(11) Other economically disadvantaged people or people with specific status as recognized by the competent authority.
The term “member of a household” used in the preceding paragraph shall refer to the principal, his/her spouse and lineal blood relatives or family members.
Besides those criteria specified in the paragraph 2, an insurance company may add more criteria in view of the national income, the status of urban or rural development, actual economic condition, social insurance and security system, income distribution of
existing clients and its underwriting operation, provided the insurance company has submitted documents specified in Point 4 herein and obtained the prior approval of the competent authority. The preceding provision applies when an insurance company revises
its eligibility criteria for microinsurance.